New Open House Rules and Resources:
The Quick Guide from C.A.R. answers many questions about the new Open House rules. Here is the latest information available about Open Houses and property showings:
- Alameda and Contra Costa counties do not have their own rules about open houses – they are both following the state rules, for now.
- The Open House and Broker Tour functions in the Paragon System have been reactivated. You can enter this information into the MLS system.
- If you’re an agent, please check with your Broker and/or Office Manager about your firm’s showing policies.
- Check the California State Industry Guidance to Reduce Risk for updates to the rules regarding Real Estate Transactions.
- All in-person showings of properties, like open houses, must follow the indoor gatherings capacity limits in the CDPH gatherings guidance. The Attendance section of the gatherings guidance shows how many people may be in a property based on the County COVID-19 tier. FYI – Alameda and Contra Costa Counties are currently in the “Orange” tier. You can find the tier status for other counties here in the “California Blueprint Data Chart.”