Not all real estate licensees are the same
REALTORS® are members of the National Association of REALTORS® and adhere to a strict code of ethics.
Code of Ethics
In 1913 the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) adopted a list of professional guidelines which established ethical standards on the exchange of real estate information and reasonable public policies on members’ behavior.NAR Code of Ethics
Code of Ethics Training
In an ongoing effort to raise the level of professionalism and ethics in the real estate industry, the National Association of REALTORS® has instituted a mandatory “Code of Ethics 3-Year Training Cycle”.
Every REALTOR® member of every Association in the United States is required to complete ethics training of not less than 2.5 hours every three years. The deadline for this cycle is December 31, 2024.
Take an upcoming in-person class at Bay East on October 5, 2023 from 9am to 12pm. Register here.
In order to assist you, we’ve come up with some tips for NAR’s online course.
- You may choose the CE Version Course or Non-CE Version Course. The CE Version Course is for continuing education (license renewal) and the Non-CE Version Course does not count for license renewal, however it is free. Either course will satisfy the requirement.
- You must register your NAR account and log in to www.nar.realtor using your 9 digit NRDS number.
- Select a total of 4 modules to complete: 1 from the Introduction, 2 from Case Studies and 1 Elective (instructions)
- The course will take approximately 1 ½ to 2 hours depending on the modules selected.
- If you want to select different modules, you will need to phone (877) 762-9322 or live chat while in the course.
- The course may be paused and resumed for convenience.
- You may take each module as many times as needed to pass.
- Your completion certificate will be emailed to you. Please forward the certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will update your membership record.
Please contact Member Services for further questions.