During the last four years, the Bay East Association of REALTORS® has worked closely with the Commercial Brokers Association and its Board of Governors. The partnership resulted in helping commercial and residential real estate professionals expand their business opportunities through education and networking.
Recently, the Commercial Brokers Association was dissolved, and the Commercial Classes and Network Events previously offered by CBA now have a new home with the Bay East Association of REALTORS®.
- CBA Education Program
- NAR Commercial
- RPR® Commercial
- Commercial Legal Hotline
Whether you are new to commercial real estate, want to participate in investment real estate, or are simply interested in enhancing your current industry knowledge, the CBA Education Program provides fundamental and specialty courses designed to help you succeed in commercial real estate. Register for upcoming classes below. Contact Tori Byers to register 510.871.4200 or email Octoriab@bayeast.org
More information about the Certificate of Completion coming soon.
NAR REALTOR® Commercial Resources:
- NAR REALTOR® Commercial Home
- NAR Commercial Advocacy/Legislation
- NAR Issue Brief – Commercial Real Estate
- NAR Commercial Education
- NAR Commercial Research
NAR REALTOR® Commercial Benefits:
- NAR Commercial Data & Listing Resources
- NAR Benefits Program
- NAR Commercial Services
- Commercial Real Estate Lending
- Download the new Commercial Services handout with all of your REALTOR® Commercial Member Benefits.
NAR Code of Ethics Training:
The NAR has mandated that all REALTOR® members must complete an approved course of training on the Code of Ethics EVERY 3 YEARS.
Here are some resources that will help you:
REALTORS® Property Resource (RPR®): RPR® is the nation’s largest property database built exclusively for REALTORS®.
As one of the most innovative benefits included in your NAR membership, RPR® delivers on-the-go access to hundreds of data sets from public records and listing data, in addition to demographics, psychographics, neighborhood and school information, and unbeatable reports.
- On/off-market listings, sales, valuations, assessment, foreclosure, tax, mortgage, transaction history, FEMA flood maps, and more.
- School and neighborhood data and reports.
- Exclusive Realtors Valuation Model® (RVM®), home value refinement, and CMA tools.
- Customizable and branded RPR® reports.
- On-the-go access with RPR® Mobile™.
For more information and to register for a webinar, please visit the RPR®/Bay East website.
The C.A.R. Legal Hotline offers members the incredible benefit of receiving free legal advice over the telephone on a vast array of real-estate related topics: contract interpretation, arbitration, litigation, tax issues, commission disputes, disclosure requirements, fair housing issues, laws governing homeowners’ associations, and so on.
By contacting the C.A.R. Legal Hotline you can speak directly to one of C.A.R.’s attorneys. Since its debut in 1979, C.A.R. attorneys have answered more than 600,000 questions about real estate law and brokerage practice.
Please request to speak to Linda Kirios, Commercial Real Estate Attorney at C.A.R.
LEGAL HOTLINE HOURS:
Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. (213) 739-8350 and (213) 739-8286
Saturday, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. on a first come first serve basis by calling (213) 739-8282 only.
The (213) 739-8350 and (213) 739-8286 numbers are not available on Saturdays. (due to limited staffing the Saturday Hotline service is only for questions regarding active transactions).
ARE YOU NEW TO C.A.R.?
If so, please read the Legal Q&A, Member Legal Hotline, for information about this service before contacting the Legal Hotline. (Requires C.A.R. Member Login, If You Don’t Have One, You Can Create One On The Linked Page)
SUBMIT YOUR QUESTION TO THE HOTLINE:
Online: Submit Your Legal Question
Fax: (213) 480-0864
Phone: (213) 739-8282 (for agents)
Phone: (213) 739-8350 (for broker-owners, office managers, designated Commercial REALTORS®)
WHETHER YOU SUBMIT YOUR QUESTION ONLINE, BY E-MAIL OR FAX:
PLEASE KEEP YOUR DESCRIPTION OF THE ISSUE SHORT (2-3 short paragraphs–there is a 2000 character maximum computer software limit on messages relayed to attorneys).
YOU’LL BE ABLE TO PROVIDE MORE DETAILS WHEN YOU TALK TO AN ATTORNEY. One of our C.A.R. attorneys will telephone you to discuss your legal question, so please be sure to indicate the name of any other licensee involved in your question/transaction as well as your telephone number.
**Some of these Links will require you to log into C.A.R. with your username and password
- August 18 @ 10:00 am CBA – Environmental Due Diligence In this class, you will learn the following: Expand your knowledge ...
- August 18 @ 12:30 pm CBA – Introduction to Property Management In this class, you will learn the following: Part A Underst...
- August 25 @ 10:00 am CBA – Hospitality Sales In this class, you will learn the following: Hotel Types Hotel Performance In...
- August 25 @ 12:30 pm CBA – Retail Sales/Leases In this class, you will learn the following: Lease or Buy Use Retail vs. Co...
- September 22 @ 10:00 am CBA – Industrial – Flex – R&D Sales/Lease In this class, you will learn the following...
- September 22 @ 12:30 pm CBA – Office Sales/Leases In this class, you will learn the following: Office Sales/Lease Office Buil...
- October 20 @ 10:00 am CBA – Environmental Due Diligence In this class, you will learn the following: Expand your knowledge ...
- October 20 @ 12:30 pm CBA – Introduction to Property Management In this class, you will learn the following: Part A Underst...