The purpose of the Bay East Commercial Division is to expand members’ business into commercial real estate. We partner with the Commercial Brokers Association to offer commercial education classes, networking events, mentorship and referral resources that help our members transition into commercial real estate.
- NAR Commercial
- Commercial Brokers Association
- RPR® Commercial
- Commercial Legal Hotline
NAR REALTOR® Commercial Resources:
- NAR REALTOR® Commercial Home
- NAR Commercial Advocacy/Legislation
- NAR Issue Brief – Commercial Real Estate
- NAR Commercial Education
- NAR Commercial Research
NAR REALTOR® Commercial Benefits:
- NAR Commercial Data & Listing Resources
- NAR Benefits Program
- NAR Commercial Services
- Commercial Real Estate Lending
- Download the new Commercial Services handout with all of your REALTOR® Commercial Member Benefits.
NAR Code of Ethics Training:
The NAR has mandated that all REALTOR® members must complete an approved course of training on the Code of Ethics EVERY 3 YEARS.
Here are some resources that will help you:
Bay East REALTOR® Members qualify for the Basic CBA membership. Join today for access to many commercial real estate services such as referrals, mentoring, discounts on commercial education classes and other tools to make your commercial transactions hassle-free. Click HERE to apply. Choose the “Bill Me” payment option for free CBA Basic membership. For more information email Sona.
Commercial Brokers Association (CBA) is California’s premier commercial real estate association promoting and serving the commercial market since 1994.
Created by and for individuals in the commercial real estate industry, CBA is specifically designed to provide brokers and sales associates with a host of valuable services to make commercial transactions hassle-free.
CBA’s membership is made up of commercial real estate professionals, specializing in commercial real estate services, and residential real estate professionals interested to learn more about commercial real estate.
RPR® Commercial is your one-stop-shop for comprehensive market data, allowing REALTORS® specializing in commercial properties to save time and money. It is your REALTOR® benefit, already incorporated into your REALTOR® dues.
Realtors Property ResourceTM (RPR®) Commercial is NAR’s exclusive online real estate resource that provides REALTORS® with data on every property/parcel in the United States. RPR® Commercial aggregates tax assessment and public records information, stand-alone mortgages, and Liens, foreclosure data, demographics and census information, ESRI Tapestry data, along with licensed data from Commercial Information Exchanges (CIE) and MLS’s to create search and report resources for Commercial REALTORS®.
Where can I get more information on RPR®?
Members can learn more about RPR® Commercial and view step-by-step video.
- Get Started Using Your RPR® Commercial
- Watch a short video on each RPR® Commercial function (On-demand resources that allow you to learn more about the features that are relevant to your business)
- RPR® Mobile Video
- RPR® Commercial Homepage (LIVE Webinar Registration, Best Practice Articles & Video Learning) use this direct link
- RPR® Commercial Webinars use this direct link
- Learn how REALTORS® in other parts of the country are using RPR® Commercial.
The C.A.R. Legal Hotline offers members the incredible benefit of receiving free legal advice over the telephone on a vast array of real-estate related topics: contract interpretation, arbitration, litigation, tax issues, commission disputes, disclosure requirements, fair housing issues, laws governing homeowners’ associations, and so on.
By contacting the C.A.R. Legal Hotline you can speak directly to one of C.A.R.’s attorneys. Since its debut in 1979, C.A.R. attorneys have answered more than 600,000 questions about real estate law and brokerage practice.
Please request to speak to Linda Kirios, Commercial Real Estate Attorney at C.A.R.
LEGAL HOTLINE HOURS:
Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. (213) 739-8350 and (213) 739-8286
Saturday, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. on a first come first serve basis by calling (213) 739-8282 only.
The (213) 739-8350 and (213) 739-8286 numbers are not available on Saturdays. (due to limited staffing the Saturday Hotline service is only for questions regarding active transactions).
ARE YOU NEW TO C.A.R.?
If so, please read the Legal Q&A, Member Legal Hotline, for information about this service before contacting the Legal Hotline. (Requires C.A.R. Member Login, If You Don’t Have One, You Can Create One On The Linked Page)
SUBMIT YOUR QUESTION TO THE HOTLINE:
Online: Submit Your Legal Question
Fax: (213) 480-0864
Phone: (213) 739-8282 (for agents)
Phone: (213) 739-8350 (for broker-owners, office managers, designated Commercial REALTORS®)
WHETHER YOU SUBMIT YOUR QUESTION ONLINE, BY E-MAIL OR FAX:
PLEASE KEEP YOUR DESCRIPTION OF THE ISSUE SHORT (2-3 short paragraphs–there is a 2000 character maximum computer software limit on messages relayed to attorneys).
YOU’LL BE ABLE TO PROVIDE MORE DETAILS WHEN YOU TALK TO AN ATTORNEY. One of our C.A.R. attorneys will telephone you to discuss your legal question, so please be sure to indicate the name of any other licensee involved in your question/transaction as well as your telephone number.
**Some of these Links will require you to log into C.A.R. with your username and password
- July 15 @ 10:00 am CBA – Tenant Representation In this class, you will learn the following: What is it? Who is involved?...
- July 15 @ 12:30 pm CBA- Lease Negotiations In this class, you will learn the following: Negotiation Techniques The Art of Conc...
- July 27 @ 10:00 am CBA – Introduction to Commercial Leasing Part A In this class, you will learn the following: Pros and...
- July 27 @ 12:30 pm CBA – Introduction to Commercial Leasing Part B In this class, you will learn the following: Identify...
- August 6 @ 10:00 am CBA – Advanced Income Property Analysis In this class, you will learn the following: Completing an In...
- August 6 @ 12:30 pm CBA – Commercial Loans from Start to Finish In this class, you will learn the following: Understand h...
- August 12 @ 10:00 am CBA – Lease or Purchase In this class, you will learn the following: How to advise commercial clients...
- August 12 @ 12:30 pm CBA – Business Opportunity Sales In this class, you will learn the following: Business Opportunity Ba...
- August 31 @ 10:00 am CBA – CRE Transaction Document Review We will review the commercial transactions forms listed in the ...
- August 31 @ 12:30 pm CBA – Business Development and Prospecting In this class, you will learn the following: How to Market...