In recognition of their service to the real estate industry locally, as well as at state and national levels the Board of Directors approved a motion making both Bill Brown and Kevin Brown honorary Bay East Past Presidents.
Bill has served in numerous positions at the local, state, and national levels. Currently Bill is serving on the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) Executive Committee, Board of Directors, and Leadership Team. An NAR Director since 1991, Bill also served as Chairman of the RPAC Trustees in 2004, a committee liaison in 2006 and 2011, the 2012 Regional Vice President for Region 13 (comprised of California, Hawaii, and Guam), and was the 2017 NAR President. He is a Golden R Major Investor, member of the President’s Circle, and in 2010 was inducted into the RPAC Hall of Fame. In addition to serving on the Executive Committee six times at the state level, Bill was the 2008 California Association of REALTORS® President.
- 2017 President of the National Association of REALTORS®
- 2013 Vice President of the National Association of REALTORS®
- 2008 President of the California Association of REALTORS®
- 2008 California Association of REALTORS® REALTOR® of the Year
- 1984 President of the Oakland Association of REALTORS®
Kevin has volunteered in various positions at the local, state, and national levels. Currently, Kevin is the NAR REALTOR® Party Director. Kevin has also served as the NAR Federal Political Coordinator to the 9th Congressional District. He is a Golden R Major Investor, member of the President’s Circle, and in 2018 was inducted into the RPAC Hall of Fame. In addition to serving as the C.A.R. Key Contact for the 14th Assembly District and the 9th Senate District, Kevin is a recipient of the C.A.R. Outstanding Chair Award. At Bay East, Kevin was actively involved in the Local Government Relations (LGR) committee from 2000 to 2010 including serving as 2005 LGR Vice Chair and 2006 LGR Chair.
- 2014 President of the California Association of REALTORS®
- 2000 Bay East Association of REALTORS® BORPAC Trustee
- 1995 President of the Oakland Association of REALTORS®