Creating a successful real estate career takes time, effort, and a commitment to excellence. Bay East Association of REALTORS® understands your needs and is dedicated to providing you with the resources to thrive as a real estate professional in a competitive market.
Types of Membership
REALTOR® – Primary
To become a Bay East REALTOR® / MLS member, you must work for a Bay East Designated REALTOR® / Broker member and be licensed by the California Department of Real Estate (DRE). You also receive membership in the California Association of REALTORS® (C.A.R.) and the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR).
REALTOR® – Secondary
If you are a primary member of another REALTOR® association, you can still be a member of Bay East. Your only cost is the Bay East annual membership dues; C.A.R. and NAR dues are included in your primary association’s fees.
There is a MLS Only membership option available if you only need MLS access. This membership does not include any REALTOR® benefits.
Platinum Affiliate membership is for individuals and firms engaged in activities related to the real estate profession who do not qualify for REALTOR® membership.
Affiliate Membership Application
If you are an active Supra® keyholder through one of our data share partners (MLSListings, MetroList, BAREIS), this membership provides access to lockboxes in the Bay East key coverage area.
Co-op Key Application
Bay East Honorary, C.A.R. Honorary, and NAR Emeritus memberships are granted to REALTOR® members with a history of outstanding service to Bay East, C.A.R. and NAR.
Bay East Honorary Application
C.A.R. Honorary Application
NAR REALTOR® Emeritus Application
Clerical, Assistant, or Secretary
Clerical members are individuals under the direct supervision of a Bay East MLS member. They can only perform MLS administrative and clerical tasks that do not require a real estate license or appraiser’s certification or license. An Assistant membership is for access to assist one specific member, a Secretary membership allows an individual to assist an office.
Licensed Assistant/Clerical Application
Unlicensed Assistant Application
Unlicensed Secretary Application
Bay East understands the needs of today’s real estate professionals and offers services designed to help you generate more business and effectively serve your clients. As a member, you also belong to and receive the benefits of the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) and the California Association of REALTORS® (C.A.R.).
Education & Training
Whether you are looking for professional development courses, license-related education, MLS/Tech training, commercial real estate classes, ethics, CE courses, Bay East has you covered.
We offer live online training classes, an extensive video library including how to use the MLS, Lone Wolf Transactions – zipForm® Edition and many 3rd party applications as well as regular webinars about a wide range of subjects.
MLS Access & Tools
Along with Contra Costa AOR and Bridge MLS, Bay East provides access to the Paragon MLS system covering both Alameda & Contra Costa counties. Once logged on to Paragon, you have full access to BAREIS MLS covering the North Bay/Marin/Sonoma; Metrolist covering Sacramento/Stockton/Central Valley; SFAR covering San Francisco; and MLSListings covering the South Bay/Santa Cruz/Monterey.
Included in your membership is the Lone Wolf Transactions – zipForm® Edition family of electronic forms and digital signature products and many other tools designed to make you more productive and successful.
Commercial Real Estate Program
During the last four years, the Bay East Association of REALTORS® has worked closely with the Commercial Brokers Association and its Board of Governors. The partnership resulted in helping commercial and residential real estate professionals expand their business opportunities through education and networking.
Recently, the Commercial Brokers Association was dissolved, and the Commercial Classes and Network Events previously offered by CBA now have a new home with the Bay East Association of REALTORS®.
Whether you are new to commercial real estate, want to participate in investment real estate, or are simply interested in enhancing your current industry knowledge, the CBA Education Program provides fundamental and specialty courses designed to help you succeed in commercial real estate. Register for upcoming classes below. Contact Tori Byers to register 510.871.4200 or email Octoriab@bayeast.org
More information about the Certificate of Completion coming soon.
Whether you need technical support or have questions about Bay East products and services, our FREE in-house Tech Support is here for you. Consult a Bay East Support Team representative during office hours, leave a message after hours. You can also access numerous “how to” videos for Paragon and other MLS tools.
The professional standard which sets REALTORS® apart from other real estate professionals is their acceptance and adherence to the National Association of REALTORS® Code of Ethics. Even with the best of efforts, occasional disagreements arise between REALTORS® and their peers and/or clients.
Bay East Professional Standards Committee has several programs in place to assist you in resolving ethics or arbitration issues by quickly and economically settling these disputes without going to court. Bay East also offers affordable ways for members and their clients to resolve real estate transaction disputes at any point during or after the transaction.
Two Office Locations - Pleasanton & Alameda
Bay East has two offices for your convenience. With one office in Pleasanton at 7021 Koll Center Parkway and an office in Alameda at 2490 Mariner Square Loop Suite 200, we are ready to serve you whether you are in the North Bay, San Francisco, East Bay, Contra Costa, Tri-Valley or in the Tri-Cities area.
Marketing Groups & Networking
Whether you are in Alameda, the Tri-Cities area, the Tri-Valley area, Livermore, or the central Alameda County area, we have a virtual marketing meeting for you. Present your listings, share your client wants/needs, learn from interesting speakers, and network with fellow REALTORS® and Affiliates. Join us online for one of these meetings:
- Alameda INFORUM & Marketing Meeting (AIMM) – Second Tuesday of each month at 9am
- Central County Marketing Group (CCMG) – Wednesdays at 9am
- Tri-Cities Marketing Council (TCMC) – First and Third Thursdays of each month at 9am
- Real Estate Alliance of Livermore (REAL) – Thursdays at 9am
- Valley Real Estate Network (VREN) – Fridays at 9am
The Global Network
The Bay East Global Network helps expand members’ business in multi-cultural and global markets. The Global Network provides education, data resources, and networking events to help members succeed in the global marketplace. Learn more about the Global Network.
- Local, State, and National Advocacy
- Networking via marketing meetings, member events, roundtables, and more
- Newsletters, videos, and website
- Community information and statistics
- Legal hotline and assistance
- Member recognition
- Community outreach
- REALTOR® Store
- Insurance programs
Joining a REALTOR® association may generate many questions for a new agent. Bay East is here to help you succeed as a real estate professional, do not hesitate to reach out with your questions.
Some tips to make your application process seamless:
- Select a brokerage and update your DRE License by adding your employing broker. Visit the Department of Real Estate (DRE) for more information, to set up your e-licensing account and for more information.
- Complete a membership application within 10 days of joining a brokerage. Be sure your application is signed by the broker or an authorized signer for the office.
- Determine which additional services you will need:
- Multiple Listing Service – Review the “TOP REASONS TO JOIN THE MLS” below.
- Agents must have the same type of membership as their Broker. An MLS Waiver may be an option if you don’t need immediate access (Sharing access and passwords is an MLS violation and subject to fines up to $15,000).
- A Supra key is avaliable for MLS participants and subscribers only (sharing keys is a violation and subject to penalties for both parties – $500 for the first offense).
- Bay East offers the eKEY, a smartphone app. Review the “TOP REASONS TO HAVE A KEY” below.
- Submit your signed application per the application instructions. Processing time may be 1-2 business days and a member services representative will contact you for payment.
TOP REASONS TO JOIN THE MLS
- The Multiple Listing Service (MLS) is how brokers and agents share information about properties they have listed and invite other brokers and agents to cooperate in their sale in exchange for compensation.
- The MLS provides reliable and up-to-date information on property listings, market information, and access to property data which is not available to the public.
- Joining allows you to have Supra key services so you can show your clients any property in the MLS. Lockboxes may be purchased as needed.
- MLS participants and subscribers agree to abide by the MLS Rules and Regulations, thus ensuring all are held to the same standards, maintaining fairness and professionalism.
- Bay East has negotiated data sharing agreements with surrounding MLS systems, giving you access to listing data in the greater Bay Area and beyond without having to join additional MLSs. Data access includes the entire East Bay, San Francisco to Monterey, Sacramento, Central Valley, and the North Bay. Click here for MLS Information by County.
- Joining provides MLS tools, applications, and benefits.
TOP REASONS TO HAVE A KEY
- Having a Supra key allows you access to the lockboxes on every active listing in Alameda and Contra Costa counties as well as from San Francisco to Monterey County.
- You may purchase a Supra BTLE lockbox (as needed) to be used on your listings.
- Your MLS membership gives you access to Metrolist (Central Valley and Sacramento area) and BAREIS (North Bay) MLSs. You may cooperate your Supra key to work in their areas (for a fee).
Note: Sharing of Supra keys is prohibited, both the keyholder and the key borrower will be fined $500 for the first offense.