An increasing number of MLSs, associations, and brokerages are being sued as part of the class action lawsuits surrounding how compensation is paid to seller and buyer brokers/agents. As these compensation lawsuits continue to multiply, we understand you may be getting questions from your clients. You may also have questions about how they impact how you transact your business.
To help you understand the current legal landscape, Bay East is holding a virtual session with Attorney Tom Jacobson, Esq, Thursday, February 22, 12-1:30 pm, covering critical topics such as:
- The basis of the lawsuits,
- The specific allegations of the lawsuits in California,
- Defensive strategies being employed against these lawsuits,
- The potential impact of these lawsuits on your brokerage business, and
- An interactive Q&A session.
While this session will focus on the legal issues surrounding the litigation, it is not intended to provide legal or transactional advice. Bay East will be hosting several events in the near future that will focus on the C.A.R. forms that help protect you in your commission negotiations with clients.
- Bay East Member Town Hall: Navigating Your Business During the Current Lawsuits
- February 22, 2024
- 12-1:30 pm
This event will not be recorded. You can register online here.