The National Association of REALTORS® and several large brokerages are engaged in lawsuits regarding how agents are compensated. The California Association of REALTORS® (C.A.R.) and Bay East have information about this litigation and how agents can prepare now for changes that may be coming to the profession.
Events and Classes
- December 5 at 10am: Elevation – Take Your Real Estate Journey Onward and Upward. Join us in-person at the Bay East Event Center in Pleasanton that will include a panel discussion about the Buyer-Broker Agreement, real estate market and MLS updates, and a presentation by the Department of Real Estate. Event registration is here.
- December 6 at 10am: Instructor Michael Lee will share techniques to justify your commission. More information and class registration are here.
- Information about upcoming C.A.R. town halls is here.
Resources for Working with Buyers
- Information from C.A.R. legal experts and a guide to buyer representation agreements are here.
- On-demand Buyer Broker Agreement Training: A.R. is providing training about using the Buyer Representation and Broker Compensation Agreement (BRBC) to REALTOR® members at no charge through the end of 2023 by using the promo code “Free25” when registering for the class here.
- C.A.R. buyer’s agent resources are here.
- C.A.R. has prepared answers to frequently asked questions about the litigation and how it may impact the industry and profession. (Login required)
Your REALTOR® membership gives you access to experts in real estate legal issues.
- C.A.R. Legal Hotline for agents: 213-739-8282
- C.A.R. Legal Hotline for brokers: 213-739-8350
You may also email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org