Bay East November 8, 2022 General Election Voter Guide
The Bay East Association of REALTORS® endorses the following candidates running for local offices. These candidates demonstrated their understanding of the importance of homeownership, supporting rental housing providers, protection of private property rights and public safety and responsible municipal governance.
- Alameda County Supervisor District 3 – Lena Tam
- Alameda County District Attorney – Terry Wiley
- Alameda City Council – Tony Daysog
- Dublin Mayor – Melissa Hernandez (I)
- Dublin City Council – Jean Josey (I) and Kashef Qaadri
- Fremont City Council District 2 – Keith Parker
- Fremont City Council District 3 – Kathy Kimberlin
- Fremont City Council District 4 – Yang Shao (I)
- Hayward Mayor – Mark Salinas
- Hayward City Council – Daniel Goldstein and Julie Roche
- Livermore Mayor – John Marchand
- Livermore City Council District 1 – Evan Branning
- Livermore City Council District 2 – Mel Chiong
- Newark Mayor – Michael Hannon
- Newark City Council – Terrence Grindall
- Pleasanton Mayor – Karla Brown (I)
- Pleasanton City Council District 1 – Dean Wallace
- Pleasanton City Council District 3 – Joel Liu
- San Leandro Mayor, First Vote – Lee Thomas
- San Leandro Mayor, Second Vote – Juan Gonzalez III
- San Leandro City Council District 1 – Kenneth Pon
- Union City City Council District 2 – Chuck Kennedy
- Union City City Council District 3 – Lee Guio
- Union City City Council District 4 – Scott Sakakihara
NOTE: Incumbents are identified with an “I” following their names.
State Candidates: The California Association of REALTORS® (C.A.R.) is supporting the campaigns for the following candidates.
- 10th State Senate District – Lily Mei
- 20th State Assembly District – Shawn Kumagai
Bay East endorses these local ballot measures:
- Alameda County – Measure D: This measure will allow very limited residential development on a small number of parcels primarily in Castro Valley. Endorsing this measure is consistent with Bay East advocacy for private property rights.
- Livermore – Measure G: This measure will issue $450 million in bonds to fund school infrastructure projects. Bay East endorses this measure as these projects impact the quality of public education in Livermore.
- Livermore – Measure P: This measure will allow the City of Livermore to extend sewer service to permitted uses within the South Livermore Valley Area Plan Planning Area. It will allow wineries and residences to connect with the City of Livermore water treatment system and protect the quality of groundwater in the area. Support for this measure is consistent with Bay East advocacy for private property rights and improve the quality of life.
- Pleasanton – Measure I (Pleasanton Unified School District Quality And Safe Educational Facilities Measure): This measure will issue $395 million in bonds to fund school infrastructure projects. Bay East endorses this measure as these projects impact the quality of public education in Pleasanton. Bay East endorsed a similar measure during 2020.
- Union City – Measure Z – This measure will extend an existing voter-approved sales tax which funds a variety of municipal and public safety services. Bay East endorsed a similar ballot measure during 2014.
For more information about the Bay East endorsement and support for these candidates and issues please contact David Stark at firstname.lastname@example.org