Become a Member
Creating a successful real estate career takes time, effort, and a commitment to excellence. Bay East Association of REALTORS® understands your needs, and is dedicated to providing you with the resources to thrive as a real estate professional in our competitive market.
Types of Membership
Primary REALTOR® / MLS MembershipTo become a Bay East REALTOR® / MLS member, you must meet the following criteria:
- Work for a Bay East Designated REALTOR® / Broker member
- Be licensed by the California Department of Real Estate
Tips for when you have decided to join Bay East.
Secondary REALTOR® / MLS MembershipIf you are a member of another Association of REALTORS® as your primary choice, you can still be a member of Bay East. Your only cost is the Bay East annual membership dues, because your C.A.R. and NAR dues were included in your primary association's fees.
MLS Only MembershipFor agents only needing MLS access there are MLS Only memberships. These memberships do not include any REALTOR® benefits.
Cooperating/Reciprocal Key MembershipIf you are an active Supra® keyholder through one of our data share partners (MLSListings, MetroList, BAREIS, Sandicor, CRMLS), this membership is for the sole purpose of accessing lockboxes in the Bay East key coverage areas.
Platinum Affiliate Members shall be individuals or firms engaged in activities related to the real estate profession who do not qualify for REALTOR® membership. Affiliate members have interests requiring information concerning real estate and are in sympathy with the objectives of Bay East.
Platinum Membership includes:
- Networking Opportunities with REALTORS® and Brokers
- Exposure on the Bay East website
- Opportunity to Vote for the Affiliate Director on the Bay East Board of Directors
- Eligible to serve as Affiliate Director on the Bay East Board of Directors
- Two Free computer repairs annually
- Insurance Plans at Group Rates
- Opportunity to serve on Marketing Group Boards
- Financial Assistance for catastrophic events through the Bay East Foundation
- Monthly Housing Statistics
- Timely industry and organizational information
- Opportunity to attend weekly marketing meetings
- Access to members-only sections of the Bay East website
Clerical members are individuals under the direct supervision of a Bay East MLS member. They can only perform MLS administrative and clerical tasks that don’t require a real estate license or appraiser’s certification or license.
Bay East / C.A.R. Honorary / NAR Emeritus Membership
Bay East recognizes the contributions of our long-time members by offering Honorary Membership. As an approved Bay East Honorary member, local REALTOR® dues are waived (State and National dues are still required).
The requirements for Bay East honorary membership have been updated. To qualify you must:
- be a Member for a minimum of 30 continuous years
- be at least 70 years of age; and
- been an active, participating and contributing Member* (new requirement beginning in 2020). *to be considered an involved member you must have served on a committee.
If you have almost 30 years of membership and are close to, or over the age of 70, and have not been involved at Bay East previously, it is not too late to meet the new requirement. Click here to learn more about our committees and sign up to volunteer now.