2.13Avg Per Household
53.9%Single Family Homes
- Housing units: 32,681
- Percent of housing stock that is Single-Family Detached Homes: 53.9%
- Homeownership rate: 66.9%
- Average persons per household: 2.13
10 Largest Employers
|John Muir Health||4,604|
|United States Postal Service||409|
|City of Walnut Creek||364|
|HCR Manor Care||360|
Open House Sign Ordinance
Sign LocationSigns may be permitted in the public right-of-way only when adjacent to property lines in such a manner that does not interrupt the normal flow of vehicle or pedestrian traffic. Signs are prohibited in the center divider and/or traffic islands of public streets.
# of Signs AllowedFour off-site.
Maximum Sign HeightThree feet.
Maximum Sign AreaFour square feet.
Sign Text & Other RequirementsNo requirements.
Days and Times Signs may be DisplayedSigns may be displayed only on weekends, holidays, and broker tour days, between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m., during the period when the property is available for public showing. Signs shall be removed after each day of showing.
Contact InformationPlanning: (925) 256-3558
Potential Disclosure Issues
Weatherization Disclosure Requirements
Every seller of a residential dwelling building containing one through four dwelling units shall provide to all prospective buyers of the dwelling, on an approved standardized form, written information on whether all of the following energy saving devices exist on or in each dwelling unit:
- All accessible attic space above living area is insulated, and if so, the thermal resistance (R) value (as defined in Section 2-5302 of Title 24 of the California Administrative Code, as amended or re-codified from time to time) of the insulation material;
- All doors and windows leading to unheated areas are weather stripped;
- Hot water heater tanks are fitted with an insulation blanket or other insulation material;
- All accessible shower heads have flow restrictors or low flow shower heads;
- All accessible heating and cooling ducts in unheated areas are insulated;
- All major joints and openings to the dwelling's exterior, including switch plates and wall outlets, are caulked or sealed.
Every buyer of a residential dwelling containing one through four dwelling units shall submit written acknowledgment of receipt of the information to the Public Works Director, within fourteen (14) days after close of escrow or transfer of title to the property. Failure of the seller and/or buyer to comply with the provisions of this chapter shall not affect the validity of the transfer of the property.
Additional Tax Information
Smoking Ordinance Multi-unit Residence
Transfer Tax Information
Contra Costa County Transfer Tax($ per thousand of sale or transfer price) $1.10
per each thousand
Property Tax Rate*($ per thousand of assessed value) 1.0827%
per each thousand
* This is not the rate for all properties. A detailed Property Tax Bill with the most accurate Property Tax Rate can be found at the Tax Assessor’s website. If you’d like to see your Contra Costa County property tax bill, visit Contra Costa County Assessor and follow these instructions.
- Building Inspections - Planning & Zoning(925) 256-3558
- Business License(925) 943-5821
- Cable and/or Phone - Comcast(800) 945-2288
- Finance Department(925) 256-3590
- Fire Department - Contra Costa County Fire Protection(925) 941-3300
- Garbage - Central Contra Costa Waste Authority(925) 603-1144
- Housing Department(925) 943-5899
- Permit Department(925) 943-5834
- Planning/Zoning Department(925) 256-3558
- Police Department(925) 943-5844
- Recycling - Central Contra Costa Waste Authority(925) 603-1144
- School District - Walnut Creek School District(925) 944-6850