2.87Avg Per Household
74%Single Family Homes
- Housing units: 26,222
- Percent of housing stock that is Single-Family Detached Homes: 74%
- Homeownership rate: 70.9%
- Average persons per household: 2.87
10 Largest Employers
|Chevron USA Inc.||4,200|
|Bank of the West||1,600|
|Robert Half International Inc.||1,230|
|General Electric Company||500|
|San Ramon Regional Medical Center||500|
|Primed Management Consulting||413|
Public School District K-12
Open House Sign Ordinance
Sign LocationOne sign per direction at any intersection per real estate company regardless of the number of listings located in that direction. No more than a total of 8 off-site directional signs at major arterial/collector street intersections are permitted provided that motorist visibility is not obstructed. Signs on secondary or residential street intersections shall be limited to a maximum combined total of four directional signs provided motorist visibility is not obstructed. Signs are to be placed behind sidewalks and out of the public right-of-way. Signs on fences, utility poles or walls are not permitted.
# of Signs AllowedOne on-site.
Maximum Sign Height3 feet.
Maximum Sign AreaSix square feet.
Sign Text & Other RequirementsSigns must be "A-Frame" style and designed to include the directional arrows. Stick signs are strictly prohibited.
Days and Times Signs may be DisplayedWeekends; must be removed no later than sunset Sunday. Thursdays and Fridays between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. for broker's tour.
Contact InformationBuilding and Safety Services: (925) 973-2580
Municipal CodeResidential Sign Permits
Potential Disclosure Issues
The San Ramon Zoning Ordinance requires Recreational Vehicles (RV) be stored or parked within a side or rear yard and located behind a seven-foot fence and will not be required to be registered with the City of San Ramon Planning Services Division.
Residents who have parked their RV on their property in the front yard setback area prior to 2006 may continue to store them parked on a paved surface within the front yard setback provided that all other zoning ordinance requirements are met.
Mello-Roos Tax and Special Assessment Districts
Several districts are funded through the collection of special assessments from property owners within the City. Boundaries for these assessment districts are available from the Finance Department
Additional Tax Information
Flood Control Program
Geologic Hazard Abatement
Transfer Tax Information
Contra Costa County Transfer Tax($ per thousand of sale or transfer price) $1.10
per each thousand
Property Tax Rate*($ per thousand of assessed value) 1.0937%
per each thousand
* This is not the rate for all properties. A detailed Property Tax Bill with the most accurate Property Tax Rate can be found at the Tax Assessor’s website. If you’d like to see your Contra Costa County property tax bill, visit Contra Costa County Assessor and follow these instructions.
- Building Inspections(925) 973-2587
- Business License(925) 973-2510
- Cable and/or Phone - AT&T(800) 310-2355
- Cable and/or Phone - Comcast(800) 945-2288
- Electricity - PG&E(800) 743-5000
- Environmental Services(925) 646-5225
- Finance Department(925) 973-2609
- Fire Department - San Ramon Valley Fire Protection(925) 838-6600
- Garbage - Waste Management(925) 837-3356
- Gas - PG&E(800) 743-5000
- Housing Department - Contra Costa Housing Authority(925) 957-8000
- Permit Department(925) 973-2574
- Planning/Zoning Department(925) 973-2560
- Police Department(925) 973-2700
- Public Works(925) 973-2800
- Recycling - Waste Management(925) 837-3356
- School District - San Ramon Valley Unified School District(925) 552-5500
- Sewer - Central Contra Costa Sanitary District(925) 228-9500
- Water - Dublin-San Ramon Services District(925) 828-0515
- Water - EBMUD(866) 403-2683