2.86Avg Per Household
75.7%Single Family Homes
- Housing units: 26,053
- Percent of housing stock that is Single-Family Detached Homes: 75.7%
- Homeownership rate: 68.6%
- Average persons per household: 2.86
Top 10 Largest Employers
|Pleasanton Unified School District||1,290|
|Valley Care Medical Center||942|
|Clorox Service Company||694|
|State Fund Compensation Insurance||650|
Public School District K-12
Open House Sign Ordinance
Sign LocationNo signs shall be placed within median strip, center divider, roadway island, on public property, rights of way, public easements adjacent to streets, within five feet of a hydrant, fire call box or mail box. Signs are allowed on sidewalks as long as they do not obstruct pedestrian traffic.
# of Signs AllowedA total of four signs per property: one on-site open house and three off-site open house signs.
Maximum Sign HeightThree feet.
Maximum Sign Area24”x18”
Sign Text & Other RequirementsNo restrictions on sign text. No riders, tags, signs, streamers, balloons. Arrows may be part of main sign design. Must be A-frame signs, no stake signs are permitted. Improperly placed open house signs on public property may be removed without warning and imposed. Confiscated signs result in $12 per sign storage fee. Repeated violations may result in fines of $100/sign.
Days and Times Signs may be DisplayedMonday through Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. during Standard Time. Monday through Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. during Daylight Saving Time.
Potential Disclosure Issues
- On the ceiling or wall outside of each separate sleeping area in the immediate vicinity of bedrooms.
- In each room used for sleeping purposes.
- In each story within a dwelling unit, including basements but not including crawl spaces and uninhabitable attics.
- In enclosed common stairwells of apartment complexes and other multiple-dwelling complexes.
- In a Group R-3.1 occupancy, in addition to the above, smoke alarms shall be provided throughout the habitable areas of the dwelling unit except kitchens.
- Upon notice from the city.
- Upon re-roofing.
- Upon resale of the dwelling unit.
- Upon issuance of a building permit for alterations, repairs or additions in excess of $1,000.
Downtown Historic Resource Policy
Mello-Roos Tax and Special Assessment Districts
Additional Tax Information
Transfer Tax Information
Alameda County Transfer Tax($ per thousand of sale or transfer price) $1.10
per each thousand
Property Tax Rate*($ per thousand of assessed value) 1.0873%
per each thousand
* This is not the rate for all properties. A detailed Property Tax Bill with the most accurate Property Tax Rate can be found at the Tax Assessor’s website. If you’d like to see your Alameda County property tax bill, visit Alameda County Assessor and follow these instructions.
- Building Department(925) 931-5300
- Building, permits and Inspections(925) 931-5300
- Electricity(800) 743-5000
- Fire Department(925) 454-2361
- Flood Zone Info(925) 484-8000
- Garbage(925) 846-2042
- Gas (800) 743-5000
- Planning and Zoning Department(925) 743-5000
- Police Department(925) 931-5100
- Public Works(925) 931-5650
- School District(925) 462-5500
- Water(925) 931-5425