2.4Avg Per Household
68.5%Single Family Homes
- Housing units: 14,321
- Percent of housing stock that is Single-Family Detached Homes: 68.5%
- Homeownership rate: 59.9%
- Average persons per household: 2.4
10 Largest Employers
|Mt. Diablo Unified School District||659|
|Contra Costa County Fire Protection||450|
|Nightingale of Contra Costa||200|
|John F. Kennedy University||185|
|Hospice of the East Bay||150|
|Irvin Deutscher Family YMCA||150|
|Keep in Touch||150|
Public School District K-12
Open House Sign Ordinance
Sign LocationOnly one open house sign is allowed per intersection regardless of the number of open houses in the direction indicated by the sign. No sign shall be located on a wall or fence, in the public right-of-way, on a utility pole, or on a public street, median strip, traffic island, public landscaped area, sidewalk or private property without permission of the owner.
# of Signs AllowedTotal of four signs per property. One on-site and up to three off-site open house signs.
Maximum Sign HeightThree feet.
Maximum Sign AreaFour square feet.
Sign Text & Other RequirementsNo requirements.
Days and Times Signs may be DisplayedWeekends and broker/agent tour days.
Contact InformationPlanning Department: (925) 671-5209
Municipal Code18.60.020 R
Potential Disclosure Issues
Weatherization Disclosure Requirement
Every seller of a residential dwelling building containing one through four dwelling units shall provide to all prospective buyers of the dwelling, on an approved standardized form, written information on whether all of the following energy saving devices exist on or in each dwelling unit:
- All accessible attic space above living area is insulated, and if so, the thermal resistance (R) value (as defined in Section 2-5302 of Title 24 of the California Administrative Code, as amended or re-codified from time to time) of the insulation material;
- All doors and windows leading to unheated areas are weather stripped;
- Hot water heater tanks are fitted with an insulation blanket or other insulation material;
- All accessible shower heads have flow restrictors or low flow shower heads;
- All accessible heating and cooling ducts in unheated areas are insulated;
- All major joints and openings to the dwelling's exterior, including switch plates and wall outlets, are caulked or sealed.
Every buyer of a residential dwelling containing one through four dwelling units shall submit written acknowledgment of receipt of the information to the Public Works Director, within fourteen (14) days after close of escrow or transfer of title to the property. Failure of the seller and/or buyer to comply with the provisions of this chapter shall not affect the validity of the transfer of the property.
Mt. Diablo Unified School District Mello-Roos District
Additional Tax Information
Business License and Rental Tax Fee
Transfer Tax Information
Contra Costa County Transfer Tax($ per thousand of sale or transfer price) $1.10
per each thousand
Property Tax Rate*($ per thousand of assessed value) 1.1363%
per each thousand
* This is not the rate for all properties. A detailed Property Tax Bill with the most accurate Property Tax Rate can be found at the Tax Assessor’s website. If you’d like to see your Contra Costa County property tax bill, visit Contra Costa County Assessor and follow these instructions.
- Building Inspections - Building Division(925) 671-5200
- Business License(925) 671-5234
- Cable and/or Phone - Astound(800) 427-8686
- Cable and/or Phone - AT&T(800) 310-2355
- Cable and/or Phone - Comcast(800) 945-2288
- Electricity - PG&E(800) 743-5000
- Finance Department(925) 671-5231
- Fire Department - Contra Costa County Fire Protection(925-941-3300
- Garbage - Allied Waste(925) 685-4711
- Gas - PG&E(800) 743-5000
- Housing Department - Contra Costa County Housing Services(925) 219-3325
- Permit Department - Planning Division(925) 671-5209
- Police Department(925) 288-4600
- Public Works - Engineering Division(925) 671-5264
- Public Works - Maintenance Division(925) 671-4646
- Recycling - Allied Waste(925) 671-5806
- School District - Mt. Diablo Unified School District(925) 682-8000
- Water - EBMUD(866) 403-2683