2.81Avg Per Household
81%Single Family Homes
- Housing units: 7,158
- Percent of housing stock that is Single-Family Detached Homes: 81%
- Homeownership rate: 75.3%
- Average persons per household: 2.81
10 Largest Employers
|West Contra Costa Unified School District||320|
|City of Pinole||99|
|Kaiser Health Center||75|
|Round Table Pizza||65|
Public School District K-12
Housing Market Information
Attached data included in Hercules Attached Report
Open House Sign Ordinance
Sign LocationSigns are prohibited from being placed on the public right of way or affixed to an element of structure on the public right of way, or located on a publicly owned tree, fence, or utility pole or otherwise posted on public property.
# of Signs AllowedThree.
Maximum Sign HeightFour feet.
Maximum Sign AreaFour square feet.
Sign Text & Other RequirementsNo requirements.
Days and Times Signs may be DisplayedMay be displayed between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
Contact InformationPlanning: (510) 724-8912
Municipal Code17.28.040 D
Potential Disclosure Issues
Sanitary Sewer Lateral Program – Pinole Sanitary District
The City of Pinole’s Municipal Code 13.20 states that the property owner is responsible for the inspection and if necessary, repairs to the sewer lateral when the property is transferred (prior to close of escrow). The inspection is to be conducted by a state licensed contractor.
Sewer Lateral Testing/Compliance – West County Wastewater District
All building sewers or sewer laterals, including but not limited to those serving residential, multiple residential and commercial properties connected to the District’s sewer system shall be cleaned and tested, at the property owner’s expense prior to the close of escrow upon a sale or other transfer of the property.
Weatherization Disclosure Requirement
- All accessible attic space above living area is insulated, and if so, the thermal resistance (R) value (as defined in Section 2-5302 of Title 24 of the California Administrative Code, as amended or re-codified from time to time) of the insulation material;
- All doors and windows leading to unheated areas are weather stripped;
- Hot water heater tanks are fitted with an insulation blanket or other insulation material;
- All accessible shower heads have flow restrictors or low flow shower heads;
- All accessible heating and cooling ducts in unheated areas are insulated;
- All major joints and openings to the dwelling's exterior, including switch plates and wall outlets, are caulked or sealed.
Every buyer of a residential dwelling containing one through four dwelling units shall submit written acknowledgment of receipt of the information to the Public Works Director, within fourteen (14) days after close of escrow or transfer of title to the property. Failure of the seller and/or buyer to comply with the provisions of this chapter shall not affect the validity of the transfer of the property.
Additional Tax Information
Business License Requirement
Rental Inspection Program
Transfer Tax Information
Contra Costa County Transfer Tax($ per thousand of sale or transfer price) $1.10
per each thousand
Property Tax Rate*($ per thousand of assessed value) 1.3094%
per each thousand
* This is not the rate for all properties. A detailed Property Tax Bill with the most accurate Property Tax Rate can be found at the Tax Assessor’s website. If you’d like to see your Contra Costa County property tax bill, visit Contra Costa County Assessor and follow these instructions.
- Building Inspections(510) 724-8912
- Business License - Administrative Offices(510) 724-9000
- Cable and/or Phone - Comcast(800) 945-2288
- Cable and/or Phone - SBC(800) 310-2355
- Electricity - PG&E(800) 743-5000
- Finance Department(510) 724-9009
- Fire Department(510) 724-8970
- Garbage - Richmond Sanitary Service(510) 262-1600
- Gas - PG&E(800) 743-5000
- Housing Department - Martinez Housing Authority(925) 372-7400
- Housing Department - Richmond Housing Authority(510) 237-6918
- Permit Department(510) 724-8912
- Planning/Zoning Department(510 724-8912
- Police Department(510) 233-1214
- Public Works(510) 724-9010
- Recycling - Richmond Sanitary Service(510) 262-1600
- School District - West Contra Costa Unified School District(510) 231-1100
- Water - EBMUD(866) 403-2683