2.75Avg Per Household
96.3%Single Family Homes
- Housing units: 6,804
- Percent of housing stock that is Single-Family Detached Homes: 96.3%
- Homeownership rate: 90.5%
- Average persons per household: 2.75
Monthly Housing Market Reports
Attached data included in Moraga Attached Report
Open House Sign Ordinance
Sign LocationSigns may not be secured to City-owned infrastructure, including streetlights, trees, pavement, fences, mechanical equipment, utility poles or street furniture. Sign may not be located in a City-maintained landscape area.
# of Signs AllowedNo restrictions.
Maximum Sign HeightSix feet.
Maximum Sign AreaThree square feet.
Sign Text & Other RequirementsSigns my not be illuminated.
Days and Times Signs may be DisplayedMay displayed up to 12 hours only when the property is available for viewing.
Contact InformationPlanning Department: (925) 253-4210
Potential Disclosure Issues
Local Real Estate Transfer Disclosure Statement
The transferor of any residential real property in the city of Orinda shall deliver to the prospective transferee a disclosure statement required as follows:
- In the case of a sale, as soon as possible before transfer of title.
- In the case of transfer by a real property sales contract, as soon as possible before execution of the contract.
Weatherization Disclosure Requirements
Every seller of a residential dwelling building containing one through four dwelling units shall provide to all prospective buyers of the dwelling, on an approved standardized form, written information on whether all of the following energy saving devices exist on or in each dwelling unit:
- All accessible attic space above living area is insulated, and if so, the thermal resistance (R) value (as defined in Section 2-5302 of Title 24 of the California Administrative Code, as amended or re-codified from time to time) of the insulation material;
- All doors and windows leading to unheated areas are weather stripped;
- Hot water heater tanks are fitted with an insulation blanket or other insulation material;
- All accessible shower heads have flow restrictors or low flow shower heads;
- All accessible heating and cooling ducts in unheated areas are insulated;
- All major joints and openings to the dwelling's exterior, including switch plates and wall outlets, are caulked or sealed.
Every buyer of a residential dwelling containing one through four dwelling units shall submit written acknowledgment of receipt of the information to the Public Works Director, within fourteen (14) days after close of escrow or transfer of title to the property. Failure of the seller and/or buyer to comply with the provisions of this chapter shall not affect the validity of the transfer of the property.
Orinda School Parcel Tax
Additional Tax Information
Transfer Tax Information
Contra Costa County Transfer Tax($ per thousand of sale or transfer price) $1.10
per each thousand
Property Tax Rate*($ per thousand of assessed value) 1.0200%
per each thousand
* This is not the rate for all properties. A detailed Property Tax Bill with the most accurate Property Tax Rate can be found at the Tax Assessor’s website. If you’d like to see your Contra Costa County property tax bill, visit Contra Costa County Assessor and follow these instructions.
- Building Inspections - Lamorinda Building Inspection Office(925) 299-0263
- Cable and/or Phone - AT&T(888) 861-2533
- Cable and/or Phone - Comcast(925) 349-3300
- Electricity - PG&E(800) 743-5000
- Finance Department(925) 253-4224
- Fire Department - Moraga-Orinda Fire District(925) 258-4599
- Garbage - Allied Waste(925) 685-4716
- Gas - PG&E(800) 743-5000
- Permit Department - Lamorinda Building Inspection Office(925) 299-0263
- Planning/Zoning Department(925) 253-4210
- Police Department(925) 254-6820
- Public Works(925) 253-4231
- Recycling - Valley Waste Management(925) 935-8900
- School District - Orinda Union School District(925) 254-4901
- School District - Acalanes Union High School District(925) 935-2800
- Water - EBMUD(866) 403-2683