3.37Avg Per Household
94.7%Single Family Homes
- Housing units: 11,484
- Percent of housing stock that is Single-Family Detached Homes: 94.7%
- Homeownership rate: 76.2%
- Average persons per household: 3.37
10 Largest Employers
|Oakley Union Elementary School District||514|
|Diamond Hills Sports Club and Spa||59|
|Ironhouse Sanitary District||33|
|Rain 4 Rent||30|
|Continente Nut LLC||26|
Public School District K-12
Monthly Housing Market Reports
Detached/Attached data included in Brentwood Detached/Attached Reports
Open House Sign Ordinance
Sign LocationSigns permitted in public right-of-way only when adjacent to property lines in such a manner that does not interfere with ADA accessibility or interrupt flow of vehicle or pedestrian traffic. No signs may be placed in center divider, traffic islands of public streets, or landscaped areas adjacent to the sidewalk.
# of Signs AllowedNo Restrictions.
Maximum Sign HeightFour feet.
Maximum Sign AreaThree square feet.
Sign Text & Other RequirementsMylar or helium-filled balloons are prohibited.
Days and Times Signs may be DisplayedSigns may be displayed only during the period when property is available for public showing.
Contact InformationPublic Works and Engineering Department: (510) 253-4231
Municipal Code9.5.112 (11)
Potential Disclosure Issues
The City of Oakley does not have a rent control ordinance.
Business License Requirement
The City of Oakley requires a business license if you are a residential landlord with four or more rental units.
Special Assessment Districts
Additional Tax Information
Transfer Tax Information
Contra Costa County Transfer Tax($ per thousand of sale or transfer price) $1.10
per each thousand
Property Tax Rate*($ per thousand of assessed value) 1.1133%
per each thousand
* This is not the rate for all properties. A detailed Property Tax Bill with the most accurate Property Tax Rate can be found at the Tax Assessor’s website. If you’d like to see your Contra Costa County property tax bill, visit Contra Costa County Assessor and follow these instructions.
- Building Inspections(925) 625-7032
- Business License - Finance Department(925) 625-7010
- Cable and/or Phone - Comcast(800) 934-6489
- Cable and/or Phone - SBC/Pacific Bell(800) 310-2355
- Community Preservations - Community Development(925) 625-7036
- Electricity - PG&E(800) 743-5000
- Finance Department(925) 625-7010
- Fire Department - East Contra Costa Fire Protection District(925) 634-3400
- Garbage - Oakley Disposal Service(925) 757-7660
- Gas - PG&E(800) 743-5000
- Housing Department - Contra Costa County Housing Services(510) 250-5270
- Permit Department - Building Division(925) 625-7005
- Planning/Zoning Department(925) 625-7000
- Police Department(925) 625-8060
- Public Works(925) 625-7037
- Recycling - Oakley Disposal Service(925) 757-7660
- School District - Oakley Union Elementary School District(925) 625-0700
- School District - Liberty Union High School District(925) 634-2166
- School District - Antioch Unified School District(925) 706-4100
- Water - Diablo Water District(925) 625-3798