3.28Avg Per Household
81.1%Single Family Homes
- Housing units: 13,414
- Percent of housing stock that is Single-Family Detached Homes: 81.1%
- Homeownership rate: 68.6%
- Average persons per household: 3.28
Top 10 Largest Employers
|Newark Unified School District||700|
|Full Bloom Baking Company||280|
|Risk Management Solutions||270|
|Smart Modular Technologies||249|
|City of Newark||176|
|Valassis (formerly ADVO)||166|
Public School District K-12
Open House Sign Ordinance
Sign LocationNo sign shall be located in or project into the public right-of-way. No sign shall be located at or near any street intersection or any street and driveway intersection so as to create a traffic hazard by obstructing vision.
# of Signs AllowedOne on-site.
Maximum Sign HeightFour feet.
Maximum Sign AreaFour square feet.
Sign Text & Other RequirementsSign must include company name, address and telephone number.
Days and Times Signs may be DisplayedSaturdays, Sundays and holidays.
Contact InformationPlanning: (510) 578-4330
Potential Disclosure Issues
Tree Preservation Ordinance
Parking and Storage
Wall and Fence Restrictions
Mello-Roos Tax and Special Assessment Districts
Additional Tax Information
Business License Fee on Rental Property
Dumbarton Transit-Oriented Development
Planning Areas 3 and 4
Transfer Tax Information
Alameda County Transfer Tax($ per thousand of sale or transfer price) $1.10
per each thousand
Property Tax Rate*($ per thousand of assessed value) 1.2008%
per each thousand
* This is not the rate for all properties. A detailed Property Tax Bill with the most accurate Property Tax Rate can be found at the Tax Assessor’s website. If you’d like to see your Alameda County property tax bill, visit Alameda County Assessor and follow these instructions.
- Building Inspections(510) 578-4261
- City Clerk's Office(510) 578-4266
- Electricity(800) 743-5000
- Finance Department(510) 578-4310
- Fire Department(510) 578-4000
- Gas(800) 743-5000
- Information & Assistance(510) 578-4000
- Planning Department(510) 578-4215
- Police Department(510) 578-4237
- School District(510) 818-4103
- Union Sanitary District(510) 477-7500