2.51Avg Per Household
83.1%Single Family Homes
- Housing units: 5,754
- Percent of housing stock that is Single-Family Detached Homes: 83.1%
- Homeownership rate: 84.5%
- Average persons per household: 2.51
Open House Sign Ordinance
Sign LocationOff-site open house signs may be placed only at intersections in residential land use districts. No sign may be located further from the property than the closest main thoroughfare intersection. Major thoroughfares are: St. Mary's Road, Canyon Road, Moraga Way, Moraga Road, Rheem Boulevard, Camino Pablo, and Bollinger Canyon Road.
# of Signs AllowedOne on-site.
Maximum Sign HeightFour feet.
Maximum Sign AreaFour suare feet.
Sign Text & Other RequirementsNone.
Days and Times Signs may be DisplayedThe sign may be displayed only during the days and hours that the property is open for inspection.
Contact InformationPlanning Department: (925) 888-7040
Potential Disclosure Issues
Additional Tax Information
Transfer Tax Information
Contra Costa County Transfer Tax($ per thousand of sale or transfer price) $1.10
per each thousand
Property Tax Rate*($ per thousand of assessed value) 1.0874%
per each thousand
* This is not the rate for all properties. A detailed Property Tax Bill with the most accurate Property Tax Rate can be found at the Tax Assessor’s website. If you’d like to see your Contra Costa County property tax bill, visit Contra Costa County Assessor and follow these instructions.
- Building Inspections - Planning Department(925) 888-7040
- Cable and/or Phone - AT&T(800) 310-2355
- Cable and/or Phone - Comcast(800) 945-2288
- Electricity - PG&E(800) 743-5000
- Finance Department(925) 888-7031
- Fire Department - Moraga-Orinda Fire District(925) 258-4599
- Garbage - Allied Waste(925) 685-4711
- Gas - PG&E(800) 743-5000
- Permit Department - Planning Department(925) 888-7040
- Planning/Zoning Department(925) 888-7040
- Police Department(925) 376-2515
- Public Works(925) 888-7026
- Recycling - Planning Department(925) 888-7040
- School District - Moraga School District(925) 376-5943
- School District - Acalanes Union High School District(925) 935-2800
- Water - EBMUD(866) 403-2683