2.64Avg Per Household
82.8%Single Family Homes
- Housing units: 9,651
- Percent of housing stock that is Single-Family Detached Homes: 82.8%
- Homeownership rate: 75.4%
- Average persons per household: 2.64
Monthly Housing Market Reports
Attached data included in Moraga Attached Report
Open House Sign Ordinance
Sign LocationFor each property there may be only one sign per intersection and no sign may be located farther from the property than the closest main thoroughfare intersection. No signs are permitted on public property or to be placed in the street or median areas. May be placed on sidewalks as long as 4 and a half feet remains clear.
# of Signs AllowedOne sign per intersection.
Maximum Sign HeightFour feet.
Maximum Sign AreaFour square feet.
Sign Text & Other RequirementsA temporary residential realty sign may not be internally or externally illuminated.
Days and Times Signs may be DisplayedOnly on the day and during the hours that the property is available for public showing. The sign must be removed after each day of showing.
Contact InformationPlanning Department: (925) 284-1976
Potential Disclosure Issues
Areas of Lafayette are in the Mt. Diablo school district, which has a Mello Roos parcel tax to fund the Mt. Diablo School District. Homeowners living in areas served by the Mt. Diablo School District who are age 65 or older (by January 1 of the current year) may apply for an exemption to the $67 per year. Exemptions must be filed with the Mt. Diablo School District by June 1 of the current tax year.
Additional Tax Information
Transfer Tax Information
Contra Costa County Transfer Tax($ per thousand of sale or transfer price) $1.10
per each thousand
Property Tax Rate*($ per thousand of assessed value) 1.0944%
per each thousand
* This is not the rate for all properties. A detailed Property Tax Bill with the most accurate Property Tax Rate can be found at the Tax Assessor’s website. If you’d like to see your Contra Costa County property tax bill, visit Contra Costa County Assessor and follow these instructions.
- Building Inspections - Contra Costa Building Inspection(925) 646-4108
- Cable and/or Phone - AT&T(800) 228-2020
- Cable and/or Phone - Comcast(800) 945-2288
- Electricity - PG&E(800) 743-5000
- Environmental Services - Environmental Task Force(925) 299-3219
- Finance Department(925) 299-3227
- Fire Department - Contra Costa County Fire Protection(925) 941-3300
- Garbage - Allied Waste(925) 603-1144
- Gas - PG&E(800) 743-5000
- Housing Department - Planning & Building Department(925) 299-3206
- Permit Department - Lafayette Planning Services Division(925) 984-1976
- Planning/Zoning Department - Lafayette Planning Services Division(925) 984-1976
- Police Department(925) 283-3680
- Public Works(925) 934-3908
- Recycling - Valley Waste Management(925) 935-8900
- Rent Stabilization - Center for Human Development(925) 798-6132
- School District - Lafayette School District(925) 284-7011
- School District - Acalanes Union High School District(925) 935-2800
- Water - EBMUD(866) 403-2683