3.24Avg Per Household
75%Single Family Homes
- Housing units: 48,296
- Percent of housing stock that is Single-Family Detached Homes: 75%
- Homeownership rate: 53.5%
- Average persons per household: 3.24
Top 10 Largest Employers
|Kaiser Permanente Medical Center||2,500|
|California University East Bay||2,207|
|Hayward Unified School District||2,200|
|City of Hayward||800|
|St. Rose Hospital||700|
|Berkeley Farms LLC||600|
|IMPAX Laboratories Inc.||594|
Open House Sign Ordinance
Sign LocationSigns may be placed on sidewalks as long as four feet remains clear. No signs are allowed in the street or center median, publicly maintained landscaped area, parks, bus stop zone, or where they may interfere with vehicles, bicycles, pedestrians or visibility of traffic or traffic signs.
# of Signs AllowedFour directional signs and one on-site sign per open house. A total of four signs are permitted per intersection, one sign per corner.
Maximum Sign HeightThree feet.
Maximum Sign AreaFour square feet.
Sign Text & Other RequirementsName and phone number of the broker, agent or owner/seller must on the sign. Sign must be A-frame style. Signs shall not be illuminated. Signs shall not include balloons, streamers, ribbons, pennants, or other similar devices designed to move in the wind.
Days and Times Signs may be DisplayedWeekends, federal holidays, and one designated tour-day each week from 8:00 a.m. to sunset.
Contact InformationPlanning: (510) 583-4200
Municipal CodeChapter 10-7 .500
Potential Disclosure Issues
Preservation of Protected Trees
High Risk Flood Zone
Settling Encumbrances or Paying off Bonds
Additional Tax Information
Residential Rent Control Ordinance
- Own five (5) or more units within the limits of the City of Hayward.
- Have a certificate of occupancy issued (units built and okayed for use) prior to July 1, 1979.
If these requirements are not met, the unit is not under rent control and is governed by the State Law. As of January 1, 1999 single-family residential units are not covered under rent control. If the apartment unit is under rent control, the rent can only be increased 5% per year unless they have not revived an increase in the previous years, then the landlord can increase the rent a maximum of 10%. Landlords are required to pay interest only on security deposit to units covered under rent control.
All rent increase notices shall be in writing and landlords are encouraged to provide at least 90 calendar days’ notice of any rent increase in order to allow for orderly operation of the dispute resolution. Unless otherwise agreed by the parties in writing, rent increases shall be limited to one increase in any consecutive 12-month period.
Rental Inspection Program
Transfer Tax Information
Alameda County Transfer Tax($ per thousand of sale or transfer price) $1.10
per each thousand
Local Transfer Tax($ per thousand of sale or transfer price) $4.50
per each thousand
Property Tax Rate*($ per thousand of assessed value) 1.1261%
per each thousand
* This is not the rate for all properties. A detailed Property Tax Bill with the most accurate Property Tax Rate can be found at the Tax Assessor’s website. If you’d like to see your Alameda County property tax bill, visit Alameda County Assessor and follow these instructions.
- Business & Tax License(510) 583-4600
- City Attorney's Office(510) 583-4142
- Earthquake & Flood Zone Information(510) 583-4794
- Fire Department(510) 583-4920
- Garbage(510) 430-8509
- Gas(800) 743-5000
- Planning Department(510) 583-4200
- Police Department(510) 293-7000
- Recycling(510) 537-5500
- Rental Inspection Program(510) 583-4140
- School District(510) 784-2600
- Water(510) 583-4600
- Wildan Financial(800) 755-6864