3.05Avg Per Household
73.4%Single Family Homes
- Housing units: 73,989
- Percent of housing stock that is Single-Family Detached Homes: 73.4%
- Homeownership rate: 63.5%
- Average persons per household: 3.05
Top 10 Largest Employers
|Fremont Unified School District||3,000|
|Lam Research Corporation||1,500|
|Boston Scientific/Target Therapeutics, Inc.||1,200|
|City of Fremont||832|
Open House Sign Ordinance
Sign LocationSigns may be placed on private property and in a planter strip between the street and the sidewalk. If there is no planter strip, they may be located on the edge of a sidewalk so long as a three foot clear accessible walkway remains. In no case may a sign be located on streets, center medians or pedestrian ramps.
# of Signs AllowedOne sign per single or two-family lot in a residential subdivision. No restrictions on number of open house signs displayed.
Maximum Sign HeightThree feet.
Maximum Sign AreaThree square feet.
Sign Text & Other RequirementsName and phone number of the broker, agent or owner/seller must on the sign. No illumination. Authorization of affected private property owner shall be secured prior to placement of signs on private property.
Days and Times Signs may be DisplayedWeekends 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. One day a week for broker open house.
Contact InformationPlanning: (510) 494-4455
Potential Disclosure Issues
Historic Resource Ordinance
Additional Tax Information
Rent Increase Ordinance
Business Tax on Rental Property
Automatic Fire Extinguishing Systems Retrofit for Apartment Buildings
Special Study or Planning Zones
Transfer Tax Information
Alameda County Transfer Tax($ per thousand of sale or transfer price) $1.10
per each thousand
Property Tax Rate*($ per thousand of assessed value) 1.1740%
per each thousand
* This is not the rate for all properties. A detailed Property Tax Bill with the most accurate Property Tax Rate can be found at the Tax Assessor’s website. If you’d like to see your Alameda County property tax bill, visit Alameda County Assessor and follow these instructions.
- Alameda County Office(510) 494-4637
- Building Inspections(510) 494-4400
- Community Preservation(510) 494-4430
- Electricity(800) 743-5000
- Environmental Services(510) 494-4570
- Fire Department(510) 494-4200
- Garbage(510) 657-3500
- Gas(800) 743-5000
- Housing Department(510) 494-4500
- Planning Department(510) 494-4440
- Planning Division(510) 494-4455
- Plans & Permits(510) 494-4440
- Police Department(510) 667-3530
- School District(510) 657-2350