2.35Avg Per Household
74.2%Single Family Homes
- Housing units: 10,716
- Percent of housing stock that is Single-Family Detached Homes: 74.2%
- Homeownership rate: 60.8%
- Average persons per household: 2.35
10 Largest Employers
|Barnes and Noble|
|Bed Bath & Beyond|
|City of El Cerrito|
|El Cerrito Royale|
|Fat Apple's Restaurant|
|Honda of El Cerrito|
|Mira Vista Golf and Country Club|
Public School District K-12
Monthly Housing Market Reports
Attached data included in Richmond Attached Report
Open House Sign Ordinance
Sign LocationMust be placed as not to cause a hazard for pedestrians or vehicles. Signs are not permitted in the public right-of-way.
# of Signs AllowedNo limit.
Maximum Sign HeightEight feet.
Maximum Sign AreaFour square feet.
Sign Text & Other RequirementsSigns my not be illuminated.
Days and Times Signs may be DisplayedSign must be removed 48 hours after posting.
Municipal Code19.26.060 F
Potential Disclosure Issues
Regional Private Sewer Lateral Ordinance
Effective August 2011 the City of El Cerrito requires property owners to obtain a certificate from East Bay Municipal Utilities District (EBMUD) indicating that their Private Sewer Laterals are without defects and have proper connections prior to the property being sold. Additionally, inspections also are required for remodeling projects of $100,000 or more, and when a property owner changes the size of their water meter.EBMUD Private Sewer Lateral Program
Additional Tax Information
The Rental Housing Inspection Program
Business License Requirement
Transfer Tax Information
Alameda County Transfer Tax($ per thousand of sale or transfer price) $1.10
per each thousand
Property Tax Rate*($ per thousand of assessed value) 1.3126%
per each thousand
* This is not the rate for all properties. A detailed Property Tax Bill with the most accurate Property Tax Rate can be found at the Tax Assessor’s website. If you’d like to see your Contra Costa County property tax bill, visit Contra Costa County Assessor and follow these instructions.
- Building Inspections(510) 215-4350
- Business License(510) 215-4335
- Community Preservations - Community Development(510) 215-4339
- Electricity - PG&E(800) 743-5000
- Environmental Services - Public Works(510) 215-4382
- Finance Department(510) 215-4323
- Fire Department(510) 215-4450
- Garbage - East Bay Sanitary Company(510) 237-4321
- Gas - PG&E(800) 743-5000
- Housing Department - Affordable Housing(510) 215-4360
- Permit Department - Building Permits(510) 215-4360
- Planning/Zoning Department(510) 215-4330
- Police Department(510) 215-4400
- Public Works(510) 215-4382
- Recycling(510) 215-4350
- Rent Stabilization - Housing Program(510) 215-4358
- School District - West Contra Costa Unified School District(510) 231-1100
- Water - EBMUD(866) 403-2683