2.73Avg Per Household
93.6%Single Family Homes
- Housing units: 15,934
- Percent of housing stock that is Single-Family Detached Homes: 93.6%
- Homeownership rate: 84.2%
- Average persons per household: 2.73
|Keller Williams Realty||189|
|J. Rockcliff REALTORS®||133|
|Crow Canyon Management Corp.||110|
|The Peasant and The Pear||95|
|People and Properties Sotheby’s Int’l Realty||80|
|Danville Nursing & Rehabilitation Center||74|
|Alain Pinel REALTORS®||70|
Public School District K-12
Open House Sign Ordinance
Sign LocationEach real estate company may place only one sign per direction at any one intersection. Signs are permitted on major arterial/collector intersections with a maximum of eight signs per intersection at any one time. Signs are permitted on secondary streets with a maximum of four signs per intersection at any one time. No signs shall be allowed on fences, utility poles, sidewalks, median strips, traffic islands, or within a travel way of a street. Signs may not encroach into the pedestrian walkway or obstruct the line of sight of a motorist.
# of Signs AllowedNumber of off-site signs are limited to the number of allowable signs at intersections.
Maximum Sign HeightThree feet.
Maximum Sign AreaFour square feet.
Sign Text & Other RequirementsSign "riders" are not allowed to be placed on any off-site real estate - open house/directional - residential signs.
Days and Times Signs may be DisplayedOne weekday for Agent Tour Day, plus Saturdays, Sundays and holidays between 10:00 a.m. and sunset.
Contact InformationPlanning Department: (925) 314-3310
Municipal Code32-98.16 b
Potential Disclosure Issues
Tree Preservation Ordinance
The Town of Danville has a Tree Preservation Ordinance which requires an approved tree permit be obtained before certain trees are removed.Tree Preservation Ordinance
Home Occupancy Permits
A business license and home occupation permit are required if a home is used as a business location.
Any Danville business that does not have a commercial storefront, office or commercial or industrial location is considered to be a home-based business, even if the sales or services are performed outside the residence.Business License Application
Danville Street Lighting and Landscape Assessment Districts
There are several districts within Danville which are assessed for street lighting and landscape. These assessments vary by geographical zones and are included in the property tax bill.
Additional Tax Information
Transfer Tax Information
Contra Costa County Transfer Tax($ per thousand of sale or transfer price) $1.10
per each thousand
Property Tax Rate*($ per thousand of assessed value) 1.0937%
per each thousand
* This is not the rate for all properties. A detailed Property Tax Bill with the most accurate Property Tax Rate can be found at the Tax Assessor’s website. If you’d like to see your Contra Costa County property tax bill, visit Contra Costa County Assessor and follow these instructions.
- Building Inspections - Inspection Request Line(925) 314-3333
- Business License(925) 314-3326
- Cable and/or Phone - AT&T(800) 310-3356
- Cable and/or Phone - Comcast(800) 266-2278
- Electricity - PG&E(800) 743-5000
- Finance Department(925) 314-3320
- Fire Department - San Ramon Valley Fire Protection(925) 838-6640
- Garbage - Central Contra Costa Waste Authority(925) 603-1144
- Gas - PG&E(800) 743-5000
- Housing Department - Tri-Valley Housing Opportunity Center(925) 373-3130
- Permit Department(925) 314-3330
- Planning/Zoning Department(925) 314-3310
- Police Department - Danville Police Department(925) 314-3700
- Public Works - Engineering Department(925) 314-3310
- Recycling - Green Building(888) 404-7336
- Rent Stabilization - Tri-Valley Housing Opportunity Center(925) 373-3130
- School District - San Ramon Valley Unified School District(925) 552-5500
- Water - EBMUD(866) 403-2683