2.7Avg Per Household
67.9%Single Family Homes
- Housing units: 47,125
- Percent of housing stock that is Single-Family Detached Homes: 67.9%
- Homeownership rate: 61.2%
- Average persons per household: 2.7
10 Largest Employers
|John Muir Health Physical RHB||1,000 - 4,999|
|Macy's||500 - 999|
|Benchmark Electronics Inc.||250 - 499|
|Central Contra Costa Transit||250 - 499|
|Conco CO||250 - 499|
|Concord Hotel LLC||250 - 499|
|Concord Tax Debt Attorneys||250 - 499|
|Contra Costa Water District||250 - 499|
|Costco||250 - 499|
|Fry's Electronics||250 - 499|
Open House Sign Ordinance
Sign LocationSigns may not be placed in public right of way.
# of Signs AllowedOne on-site. Maximum one open house directional sign per intersection.
Maximum Sign HeightFour feet.
Maximum Sign AreaFour square feet.
Sign Text & Other RequirementsName and phone number of agent and/or agency. The sign shall not be illuminated.
Days and Times Signs may be DisplayedSaturdays, Sundays, and holidays. Signs may not be left standing overnight.
Contact InformationPlanning Division: (925) 671-3152
Municipal Code18.180.070 (d)
Potential Disclosure Issues
Weatherization Disclosure Requirements
Every seller of a residential dwelling building containing one through four dwelling units shall provide to all prospective buyers of the dwelling, on an approved standardized form, written information on whether all of the following energy saving devices exist on or in each dwelling unit:
- All accessible attic space above living area is insulated, and if so, the thermal resistance (R) value (as defined in Section 2-5302 of Title 24 of the California Administrative Code, as amended or recodified from time to time) of the insulation material;
- All doors and windows leading to unheated areas are weather stripped;
- Hot water heater tanks are fitted with an insulation blanket or other insulation material;
- All accessible shower heads have flow restrictors or low flow shower heads;
- All accessible heating and cooling ducts in unheated areas are insulated;
- All major joints and openings to the dwelling's exterior, including switch plates and wall outlets, are caulked or sealed.
Every buyer of a residential dwelling containing one through four dwelling units shall submit written acknowledgment of receipt of the information to the Public Works Director, within fourteen (14) days after close of escrow or transfer of title to the property. Failure of the seller and/or buyer to comply with these requirements shall not affect the validity of the transfer of the property.
Mello Roos Tax
The City of Concord has a Mello-Roos parcel tax known as “Measure A” to fund the Mt. Diablo School District. Homeowners who live in the Mt. Diablo School District who are age 65 or older (by January 1 of the current year) and may apply for an exemption to the $67 per year. Exemptions must be filed with the Mt. Diablo School District by June 1 of the current tax year.
Additional Tax Information
Landlord Business License
Transfer Tax Information
Contra Costa County Transfer Tax($ per thousand of sale or transfer price) $1.10
per each thousand
Property Tax Rate*($ per thousand of assessed value) 1.1125%
per each thousand
* This is not the rate for all properties. A detailed Property Tax Bill with the most accurate Property Tax Rate can be found at the Tax Assessor’s website. If you’d like to see your Contra Costa County property tax bill, visit Contra Costa County Assessor and follow these instructions.
- Building Inspections - Permit Center(925) 671-3454
- Business License(925) 671-3307
- Cable and/or Phone - AT&T(800) 310-2355
- Cable and/or Phone - Comcast(800) 945-2288
- Community Preservations - Code Enforcement(925) 671-3075
- Electricity - PG&E(800) 743-5000
- Environmental Services - Planning Division(925) 671-3332
- Finance Department(925) 671-3178
- Fire Department - Contra Costa Consolidated(925) 930-5500
- Garbage - Concord Disposal Service(925) 682-9113
- Gas - PG&E(800) 743-5000
- Housing Department - Economic Development(925) 671-3370
- Permit Department(925) 671-3454
- Planning/Zoning Department(925) 671-3152
- Police Department - Concord Police Department(925) 671-3220
- Public Works(925) 671-3448
- Recycling - Concord Disposal Service(925) 692-2229
- Rent Stabilization(925) 671-3331
- School District - Mt. Diablo Unified School District(925) 682-8000
- Water - Contra Costa Water District(925) 688-8044