2.82Avg Per Household
93.6%Single Family Homes
- City of Clayton website
- Zip Code: 94513
- Population: 51,481
- Median household income: $88,306
- Housing units: 4,086
- Percent of housing stock that is Single-Family Detached Homes: 93.6%
- Homeownership rate: 88.5%
- Average persons per household: 2.82
Public School District K-12
Monthly Housing Market Reports
Attached data included in Concord Attached Report
Open House Sign Ordinance
Sign LocationOnly one off-site sign per open house allowed at any intersection.The signs shall not be displayed in a public right-of-way nor shall they obstruct a pedestrian walkway, except signs shall be allowed behind the sidewalk or behind the curb if there is no sidewalk. No signs shall be displayed on private property without the consent of the property owner.
# of Signs AllowedOne on-site. Up to six off-site.
Maximum Sign HeightThree feet.
Maximum Sign AreaTwo square feet.
Sign Text & Other RequirementsName and phone number of agent and/or agency. No balloons, flags, pennants allowed.
Days and Times Signs may be DisplayedUp to one hour before and one hour after.
Contact InformationEngineering Department: (925) 363-7433 promotion.
Potential Disclosure Issues
Oakhurst Geological Hazard Abatement District
Property owners within the Oakhurst Geological Hazard Abatement District (GHAD) are charged an annual special assessment. The Oakhurst Geologic Hazard Abatement District oversees the geological hazard abatement area within the City of Clayton and is administered by the City Engineer/District Manager.
Mello Roos Tax
The City of Clayton has Mello-Roos and special assessment districts. The Assessor’s parcel number determines these assessments. These may include lighting and landscaping assessment, fire assessment, emergency medical service assessment, clean water assessment, and school districts.
Additional Tax Information
Business License Fees for Landlords
- Single Family $177.72
- Duplex and multiple dwellings $177.72 for the first unit and $37.40 each additional unit
- Commercial %0.0556 per square foot or $177.72 for each separate business operated on the premises whichever is greater.
Business Tax Certificate Requirement
Transfer Tax Information
Contra Costa County Transfer Tax($ per thousand of sale or transfer price) $1.10
per each thousand
Property Tax Rate*($ per thousand of assessed value) 1.1125%
per each thousand
* This is not the rate for all properties. A detailed Property Tax Bill with the most accurate Property Tax Rate can be found at the Tax Assessor’s website. If you’d like to see your Contra Costa County property tax bill, visit Contra Costa County Assessor and follow these instructions.
- Building Inspections(925) 646-2300
- Business License(925) 673-7310
- Cable and/or Phone - AT&T(800) 310-2355
- Cable and/or Phone - Comcast(800) 945-2288
- Electricity - PG&E(800) 743-5000
- Environmental Services - Clayton Community Development Department(925) 673-7340
- Finance Department(925) 673-7309
- Fire Department - Contra Costa County Fire Protection(925) 941-3300
- Garbage - Allied Waste(925) 685-4711
- Gas - PG&E(800) 743-5000
- Housing Department(925) 673-7340
- Permit Department(925) 671-3425
- Planning/Zoning Department(925) 673-7340
- Police Department - Clayton Police Department(925) 673-7350
- Public Works - Engineering Department(925) 363-7433
- Recycling - Central Contra Costa Sanitary District(925) 228-9500
- School District - Mt. Diablo Unified School District(925) 682-8000
- Water - Contra Costa Water District(925) 688-8044