3.2Avg Per Household
82.9%Single Family Homes
- Housing units: 34,849
- Percent of housing stock that is Single-Family Detached Homes: 82.9%
- Homeownership rate: 63.6%
- Average persons per household: 3.2
10 Largest Employers
|Antioch Unified School District||1,867|
|Sutter Delta Medical Center||1,200|
|Contra Costa County Social Services||593|
|City of Antioch||243|
|Antioch Auto Center||238|
Public School District K-12
Open House Sign Ordinance
Sign LocationOff-site signs shall be located no further from the property advertised than the closest major thoroughfare intersection. Signs shall not be located in the public right-of-way.
# of Signs AllowedThree.
Maximum Sign HeightFour feet.
Maximum Sign AreaFour square feet.
Sign Text & Other RequirementsName and phone number of agent and/or agency. Open house signs must be A-frame. Signs shall not be attached to any utility pole, fence, tree, or other vegetation or upon any public right-of-way.
Days and Times Signs may be DisplayedSaturdays, Sundays, and holidays only between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to dusk. No sign shall be left overnight.
Contact InformationEngineering and Development Services Division: (925) 779-7035
Municipal Code9-5.515 (D)
Potential Disclosure Issues
Mello Roos Tax and Special Assessment Districts
The City of Antioch has three Community Facilities Districts (CDFs).
Additional Tax Information
Northeast Antioch Area Reorganization
Transfer Tax Information
Contra Costa County Transfer Tax($ per thousand of sale or transfer price) $1.10
per each thousand
Property Tax Rate*($ per thousand of assessed value) 1.0937%
per each thousand
* This is not the rate for all properties. A detailed Property Tax Bill with the most accurate Property Tax Rate can be found at the Tax Assessor’s website. If you’d like to see your Contra Costa County property tax bill, visit Contra Costa County Assessor and follow these instructions.
- Building Division(925) 779-7065
- Business License(925) 779-7059
- Cable and/or Phone - AT&T(800) 332-1321
- Cable and/or Phone - Comcast(800) 945-2288
- Electricity - PG&E(800) 743-5000
- Environmental Services(925) 779-6137
- Finance Department - Administration Division(925) 779-7055
- Fire Department - Contra Costa County Fire Protection(925) 941-3300
- Garbage - Allied Waste(925) 685-4711
- Gas - PG&E(800) 743-5000
- Housing Department(888) 572-1222
- Permit Department(925) 779-7065
- Planning/Zoning Department(925) 779-7035
- Police Department - Antioch Police Department(925) 778-2441
- Public Works(925) 779-6950
- Recycling(925) 779-6137
- Rent Stabilization - Neighborhood Stabilization Program(925) 779-7013
- School District - Antioch Unified School District(925) 779-7500
- Water - City of Antioch(925) 779-7060