2.46Avg Per Household
53.4%Single Family Homes
- Housing units: 32,351
- Percent of housing stock that is Single-Family Detached Homes: 53.4%
- Median value of owner-occupied housing units, 2010 -2014: $628,500
- Average persons per household: 2.46
- Median gorss rent, 2010 - 2014: $1,375
Top 10 Largest Employers
|Alameda Unified School District||863|
|Abbott Diabetes Care||512|
|City of Alameda||505|
|Bay Ship & Yacht Co.||309|
Public School District K-12
Open House Sign Ordinance
Sign LocationSigns may not be placed on public property except for medians of public roads and sidewalks. Signs may not be placed on medians or sidewalks in a manner which obstructs pedestrian or vehicular traffic, or lines of sight.
# of Signs AllowedSix.
Maximum Sign HeightFour feet.
Maximum Sign AreaFour square feet.
Sign Text & Other RequirementsNone.
Days and Times Signs may be DisplayedSigns may not be placed more than two hours prior to the open house and must be removed within hours after the open house.
Contact InformationCode Enforcement: (510) 747-6817
Potential Disclosure Issues
Sewer Lateral Testing and Repair
Exemptions: Sewer lateral testing shall not be required where the property owner, homeowners’ association, or responsible party for residential and non-residential buildings can present proof to the Building Official that the lateral is less than 20 years old or has been repaired within the last seven years.
Automatic Gas Shutoff Valve
Alameda County Historic Preservation Ordinance
Underground Fuel Tanks
Mello-Roos Tax and Special Assessment Districts
Alameda Landing Development
Marina Village/Harbor Bay
Additional Tax Information
The Alameda County Assessor Treasurer-Tax Collector’s Office may have additional information about property-specific taxes or assessments. You may look up a property by its parcel number or street address.Lookup Current Taxes
The City of Alameda limits rent increases on certain units and the grounds for terminating tenancies for all rental units. More information about these requirements are available here.
Beginning January 13, 2013, every lease or other agreement for the occupancy of a unit in a multi-unit rental complex (defined as two or more units) shall include the following:
- A clause stating that smoking is prohibited in the non-smoking unit.
- A clause stating that it’s a material breach of the lease to violate any law regulating smoking while on the premises.
Business License Fee on Rental Property
Owners of rental property are charged $20.00 per rental unit. All licenses expire on June 30; fees for new licenses are prorated from August to June.More Information
Transfer Tax Information
Alameda County Transfer Tax($ per thousand of sale or transfer price) $1.10
per each thousand
Local Transfer Tax($ per thousand of sale or transfer price) $12.00
per each thousand
Property Tax Rate*($ per thousand of assessed value) 1.1747%
per each thousand
* This is not the rate for all properties. A detailed Property Tax Bill with the most accurate Property Tax Rate can be found at the Tax Assessor’s website. If you’d like to see your Alameda County property tax bill, visit Alameda County Assessor and follow these instructions.
- Cable(510) 749-5896
- Electricity(510) 748-3901
- Fire Department(510) 337-2100
- Garbage(510) 430-8509
- Gas (800) 743-5000
- Permit Department & History(510) 747-6800
- Planning Department(510) 748-4554
- Police Department(510) 337-8340
- Recycling(510) 483-1400
- School District(510) 337-7000
- Water(866) 403-2683