❉ California’s Housing Crisis: Free C.A.R. event in San Francisco – Aug 24
- August 8th, 2017
- Posted by Michael McFann
C.A.R.’s California Center for Real Estate is hosting a free event specifically for Bay Area members on Aug. 24 in San Francisco.
The San Francisco Bay Area has been the epicenter of California’s housing crisis for years. Soaring home prices and rents are pushing home ownership out of reach and making it harder for young professionals, families, seniors, and others to find affordable housing options. The pressure for local jurisdictions to identify creative housing solutions has never been greater, and elected officials must address environmental issues, NIMBYs and other quality of life concerns to create housing options.
Join C.A.R.’s Center for California Real Estate and the Bay Area Council for panel discussions to hear unique perspectives and potential solutions. The exclusive, first-come, first-served, free event will feature two expert panels highlighting issues from the perspective of home buyers, employers, academic leaders and elected officials, while also detailing successful efforts to overcome obstacles and increase the supply of market rate and affordable housing.
- The Bay Area’s housing crisis: tackling obstacles to new housing
- Geoff McIntosh (Moderator) – President, California Association of REALTORS®
- Carol Galante – Faculty Director of the Terner Center for Housing Innovation at UC Berkeley
- Laura Foote Clark – Executive Director, YIMBY Action
- Katie Ferrick – Director of Community Affairs, LinkedIn
- Jonathan Scharfman, General Manager of Universal Paragon Corp.
- Political and bureaucratic challenges to approving new housing developments:
- Moderator (Bay Area Council)
- Julie Pierce – President, Assn. of Bay Area Gov’ts. and Council Member, City of Clayton
- Pat Showalter – Council Member, City of Mountain View
- Roseanne Foust – Former Mayor of Redwood City and President & CEO, San Mateo County Economic Development Association
Date & Time
Thursday, August 24, 2017
10:30 AM – 12:30 PM PDT
LinkedIn Focus Conference Center
222 Second Street
San Francisco, CA 94104